Supporting Our Western New York Veterans
Thank you for your continued support to WNYHeroes, Inc. We could not do this without you as your support means everything to not only our office, but to our veteran families as well.read more
Only a week after the City of Lockport announced it was seeking state funding to repair its veterans monument, the state Dormitory Authority approved $100,000 for the project.read more
Major Tom’s Drop Zone is proud to announce that we will be teaming up with a wonderful local charity for veterans, WNY Heroes INC.read more
Thomas signed for the army in 2007 to be an avenger missile system repair tech. He was deployed to Iraq from 2010-11. Unfortunately while he was in Iraq, he lost a brother who was also deployed to Afghanistan at the same time (SPC. Alan Dikcis). He then switched to...read more
Dave Celej graduated Lancaster High School in June 1992. He reported to Marine Corps Recruit Training, Parris Island on Aug. 11 1992 and proceeded to Marine Corps Communications School in 29 Palms CA. Upon completion, Lance Corporal Celej was assigned to India Battery...read more
WNY Heroes Inc.
Since its inception in 2007, WNY Heroes, Inc. has grown exponentially, becoming a critical lifesustaining vehicle for veterans and their families by providing immediate financial assistance to those in need. Now, more than ever, the need is constant and growing in alarming fashion with so many veterans returning home. We are certain that the recent news of delays in getting services through the VA, that these brave and heroic men & women face upon their return, will further impact the need for program services within our organization. Below are the programs WNY Heroes, Inc. provides. On any given night, over 1700 homeless veterans are living on the streets, in parks, under bridges and behind dumpsters in WNY. Last known statistics 172,000 veterans reside in the 8 counties of WNY.
- WNYHeroes will not leave any service members behind, we will help in ANY way we can.
- We strive to find the best services available in the WNY Community for Veterans and Service members.
- We strive to keep WNY Veterans and Service Members up-to-date on the latest information using web friendly tools.
- WNYHeroes assists disabled and needy war Veterans and Service members, their dependents, and the widows and children of deceased veterans.
- We strive to show our appreciation and support of Veterans and Service members and their families.
Hometown Hero of the Week
WNY Heroes and WYRK are giving the soldiers who are currently fighting or have fought in the past some recognition by choosing a new Hometown Hero each Friday and featuring them here on WYRK.com.