Supporting Our Western New York Veterans
March 24th & 25th WNY Equifest
Location: Showplex and Agriculture Discovery Center*
*Entrance to event is located off McKinley Parkway near Quinby Drive
Doors Open: 9:30am
Look for WNYHeroes volunteers at booth F64 (near the food court). Come by, say “Hello”, and learn about what we do for local Veterans!
Just $5 gets you food, drinks, auction, raffle, two bands, & more!! This Saturday from 4pm -10pm. Leonard Post #6251, Cheektowaga. Portions of the proceeds benefits WNYHeroes, Inc.read more
Saturday night saw those we serve enjoy the time they’ve earned with their loved ones. Many thanks to National Grid for the use of their box seats & making the night so memorable.read more
Join this new group, designed for women who’ve served or are serving. The focus will be on, but isn’t limited to health & wellness, guest speakers, networking, and fostering friendships with other women who’ve also “been there and done that.”read more
Autographed Sabres & Bills memorabilia! 50/50 raffle, Sabretooth! Support local labor & Veterans! Bring a friend!read more
WNY Heroes Inc.
Since its inception in 2007, WNY Heroes, Inc. has grown exponentially, becoming a critical lifesustaining vehicle for veterans and their families by providing immediate financial assistance to those in need. Now, more than ever, the need is constant and growing in alarming fashion with so many veterans returning home. We are certain that the recent news of delays in getting services through the VA, that these brave and heroic men & women face upon their return, will further impact the need for program services within our organization. Below are the programs WNY Heroes, Inc. provides. On any given night, over 1700 homeless veterans are living on the streets, in parks, under bridges and behind dumpsters in WNY. Last known statistics 172,000 veterans reside in the 8 counties of WNY.
- WNYHeroes will not leave any service members behind, we will help in ANY way we can.
- We strive to find the best services available in the WNY Community for Veterans and Service members.
- We strive to keep WNY Veterans and Service Members up-to-date on the latest information using web friendly tools.
- WNYHeroes assists disabled and needy war Veterans and Service members, their dependents, and the widows and children of deceased veterans.
- We strive to show our appreciation and support of Veterans and Service members and their families.
Hometown Hero of the Week
WNY Heroes and WYRK are giving the soldiers who are currently fighting or have fought in the past some recognition by choosing a new Hometown Hero each Friday and featuring them here on WYRK.com.