William E. Kramp, Jr. Scholarship
A US Army Veteran serving his country from 2001-2006 and active in the Iraq War from 2005-2006, William E. Kramp, Jr. took his life on Tuesday, August 26, 2008. He was born in Newfane, NY, on October 2, 1968. We have chosen to honor this WNY Hero by establishing this scholarship to show support for our Nation’s Veterans and their families and encourage them to get the care they’ve earned. We hope to educate those relatives of veterans to change hearts, minds, and attitudes about mental illness and provide care and professional support to other military families with these issues.
- Award Range: $1,500
- Awards Granted: A total of 10 awards per year, with each recipient being eligible one time per year.
- Must be accepted by, and committed to, an accredited college or university
- GPA: 3.0 or higher
- Veteran is a resident of Western New York
- Must be a veteran or an immediate family member of the veteran
- Community service, involvement in school or church activities
- Must submit the following:
- Completed application
- College acceptance letter
- Proof of relation to a veteran (ex: DD-214 or 1 other proof of veteran/military status) and birth certificate
- Your college transcript, if currently enrolled at a college or university
- High School transcript with all current and completed courses listed, if still a high schools student
- 300 word essay describing why you feel deserving of the scholarship
- Letter of recommendation
For further information regarding the scholarship, contact the Scholarship Committee at WNY Heroes, Inc. (716) 908-2001.
8205 Main Street, Suite 1
Williamsville, NY 14221