Supporting Our Western New York Veterans
On June 30th, 2017, 36 veterans were able to enjoy some of the freedom they provided while serving. The former soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines met at Chadwick Bay Marina in Dunkirk, and went fishing as part of operation B.O.O.T.S. (Battle Buddies On Our Troops Side) thanks to the generosity of Innovative Outdoors and the help of 11 different captains. Lunch afterward was at the Northern Chautauqua Conservation Club, where the veterans, their captains, and crews created lasting friendships.read more
Backpacks are here!! Thanks to 1st Presbyterian Church’s vacation Bible school and the generosity of over 100 children, local Veterans’ children will be able to pick up a new backpack and school supplies starting -Aug. 1st-12th every Tues. from 4-6pm.read more
Major Tom’s Drop Zone is proud to announce that we will be teaming up with a wonderful local charity for veterans, WNY Heroes INC.read more
WNY Heroes Inc.
Since its inception in 2007, WNY Heroes, Inc. has grown exponentially, becoming a critical lifesustaining vehicle for veterans and their families by providing immediate financial assistance to those in need. Now, more than ever, the need is constant and growing in alarming fashion with so many veterans returning home. We are certain that the recent news of delays in getting services through the VA, that these brave and heroic men & women face upon their return, will further impact the need for program services within our organization. Below are the programs WNY Heroes, Inc. provides. On any given night, over 1700 homeless veterans are living on the streets, in parks, under bridges and behind dumpsters in WNY. Last known statistics 172,000 veterans reside in the 8 counties of WNY.
- WNYHeroes will not leave any service members behind, we will help in ANY way we can.
- We strive to find the best services available in the WNY Community for Veterans and Service members.
- We strive to keep WNY Veterans and Service Members up-to-date on the latest information using web friendly tools.
- WNYHeroes assists disabled and needy war Veterans and Service members, their dependents, and the widows and children of deceased veterans.
- We strive to show our appreciation and support of Veterans and Service members and their families.
Hometown Hero of the Week
WNY Heroes and WYRK are giving the soldiers who are currently fighting or have fought in the past some recognition by choosing a new Hometown Hero each Friday and featuring them here on WYRK.com.