Supporting Our Western New York Veterans
Starting January 1, 2018, wage replacement & job protection will be afforded to employees who need time away from their job to, among other things, "...assist loved ones when a family member is deployed abroad on active military duty." Please go...read more
Lisa Davidzik will be using her special skill set to help WNY Heroes build new and lasting relationships with our local community businesses. Lisa and Army Veteran husband Dave recently became parents! If you have a business interested in supporting our cause, give Lisa a call!read more
Show your support and patriotism by getting this awesome double sided coin with your $16 donation. Look under “merchandise” to order today!read more
Major Tom’s Drop Zone is proud to announce that we will be teaming up with a wonderful local charity for veterans, WNY Heroes INC.read more
WNY Heroes Inc.
Since its inception in 2007, WNY Heroes, Inc. has grown exponentially, becoming a critical lifesustaining vehicle for veterans and their families by providing immediate financial assistance to those in need. Now, more than ever, the need is constant and growing in alarming fashion with so many veterans returning home. We are certain that the recent news of delays in getting services through the VA, that these brave and heroic men & women face upon their return, will further impact the need for program services within our organization. Below are the programs WNY Heroes, Inc. provides. On any given night, over 1700 homeless veterans are living on the streets, in parks, under bridges and behind dumpsters in WNY. Last known statistics 172,000 veterans reside in the 8 counties of WNY.
- WNYHeroes will not leave any service members behind, we will help in ANY way we can.
- We strive to find the best services available in the WNY Community for Veterans and Service members.
- We strive to keep WNY Veterans and Service Members up-to-date on the latest information using web friendly tools.
- WNYHeroes assists disabled and needy war Veterans and Service members, their dependents, and the widows and children of deceased veterans.
- We strive to show our appreciation and support of Veterans and Service members and their families.
Hometown Hero of the Week
WNY Heroes and WYRK are giving the soldiers who are currently fighting or have fought in the past some recognition by choosing a new Hometown Hero each Friday and featuring them here on WYRK.com.